Benefit Options Designed for the ELCA Community
With Portico, you get more than a benefits plan. You can leverage the collective buying power of our community and gain access to products and services not typically available to individual organizations. You experience one-stop benefits administration with award-winning customer service. You get a benefits partner who understands you and mission-based work and is dedicated to helping you fulfill your mission.
- Works for you, not for commissions
- Offers online enrollment and easy-to-use employer and employee portals
- Provides competitive health pricing in line with national averages
- Provides a church retirement plan not subject to ERISA complexities and costly audit requirements
- Highly skilled professional investment team with average 20 years of experience
- Proprietary Portico Investment Funds that include social purpose funds aligned with ELCA social teachings and policies
- Manages all vendor partner relationships so you have only one point of contact
- Handles the operational plan design and amendments as required by regulations
- Advocate on Capitol Hill related to benefit plans on behalf of faith-based organizations
- Integrates data with the employer’s payroll/HR system to ensure efficient, timely administration
Portico offers a retirement plan that gives ELCA-affiliated organizations and those who serve, unique tax advantages while supporting financial well-being.
- 403(b)(9) church plan (non-ERISA) that allows for employee contributions
- Choice of diversified target date funds and asset-class-specific build-your-own fund options
- Social purpose investments that align with ELCA social teachings and policies
- In-plan Annuity option for lifetime income
- Long-term investment philosophy overseen by our experienced in-house team with an average of 20 years experience each
- Access to financial planners and additional online resources at no cost
- Deferrals and distributions eligible for housing allowance exclusion, if clergy
Support for health and well-being
Portico’s innovative plan is designed to improve outcomes and strengthen well-being for those who serve, and bring value to our community.
- Four cost-sharing benefit options: Platinum+, Gold+, Silver+, Bronze+
- Comprehensive medical, mental health, prescription drug, dental coverage via nationally recognized vendors
- Personalized health management services engage members and promote resiliency: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 24/7 text-based primary care, chronic condition prevention program and diabetes management program, mental health support
- Whole person, faith-based wellness video learning platform
- HSA and FSA tax-advantaged accounts
- International health benefits for foreign missionaries
- Group Medicare-Advantage plan for retirees
Portico offers disability coverage that can help protect employees and their families should a serious illness or injury occur.
- 2/3 income replacement beginning the third month after disability
Bundling life insurance coverage with Portico can deliver savings for organizations and valuable protection for those who serve.
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Dependent life insurance for spouse and children
- Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit