June 21, 2022
Department: Regional Representatives
The Regional Representative has primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining excellent member and sponsor relationships for their assigned regions and synods. The incumbent will represent Portico Benefit Services to designated elements of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), acting as a principal liaison for Portico and advancing the value proposition of Portico to members and sponsors.1 The Regional Representative works under the direction of the Manager, Customer Outreach, with regular close collaboration with other units of Portico.
- Act as a consultant, partner, and problem-solver with sponsors and church leaders on matters relating to Portico products and services
- Provide regular contact with key elements of the ELCA to educate and assist bishops and synod staffs
- Help members and sponsors understand the benefit plans, identify changes, and provide consultation and support for administrators, treasurers, and business managers regarding Portico-related activity
- Conduct assessment of sponsor needs in relation to Portico services, and act as an advocate for those needs as necessary
- Bring appropriate Portico resources, including other Portico representatives, to advance the strategic plan and meet member and sponsor needs, including planning, arranging and occasionally delivering educational modules
- Travel within assigned regions and to significant ELCA events
- Provide feedback and insight based on member and sponsor interactions to inform our strategic initiatives and improve our operations
- Understand and comply with Portico’s governance, risk, and compliance standards, including internal controls, regulatory compliance, and policy compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of the ELCA’s structure and processes
- Sensitivity to concerns of sponsors and other organizations
- Understanding of situations unique to the church, ministers, and other church employees
- Good judgment, diplomacy, and organizational ability
- Strong knowledge and experience in marketing and relationship management preferred
- Sensitivity to ELCA-related issues
- Strong understanding of retirement and health care-related benefit products
- General background in utilizing key performance indicators and metrics
- Working knowledge of various technology platforms, including the ability to make virtual presentations, track member data, and navigate systems while traveling
- Ability to travel to foster business relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience in a professional capacity within the ELCA as a rostered minister or other professional in churchwide ministries, synod office, or related organization and/or 5+ years of professional experience in a sales account management role, with heavy emphasis on customer relationship management
- Experience working within the ELCA, and knowledge of the ELCA through personal experiences in leadership roles preferred
- Experience with social ministry organizations a plus
Email Us to Apply
Include the name of the position, your cover letter, and your resume.
This document describes the position as it currently exists. It is not an employment contract. Portico Benefit Services reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
1 Sponsors are recognized to be church-wide entities, including (but not limited to): Lutheran Center, synods, seminaries, congregations, outdoor ministries, and social ministry organizations (SMOs). In the case of specialized ministry, the representative will identify specific needs and help to interpret how the employee benefit plan may work for them in their special situations. Specialized ministry groups may include: chaplains, interim ministers, missionaries, retirees, and others with special needs regarding re-entry to the plan because of special assignments.